Sep 2020 - Present
- Develop and construct data products and services and integrates them into systems and business processes.
- Delivery of a robust serverless data pipeline built upon various GCP products that has processed +4 Billion records.
- Go-to person for DBT queries and best practices in data quality.
July 2019 - Nov 2019
Google Data Engineer
- Responsible developing ETL processes in Python and Bigquery
- Responsible for designing DQ Control framework to ensure a continuously-improving cycle for the generation of master data.
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Global Finance Cloud Technical Developer
- Responsible for converting SAS scripts (EG + DI Studio) to Google Bigquery
- Responsible for creating schemas and metadata for source and target tables in Bigquery based on current SAS process.
- Responsible for creating workflows using HSBC internal cloud toolchain.
- Help team members with little or no exposure to SAS to understand DI Studio jobs and code.
Jul 2018 - Nov 2019
Ruby on Rails Developer
- Architected and designed a medium size ecommerce solution using test-driven development in Ruby on Rails, JQuery, HTML, and CSS.
- Launched MVP within 3 months.
- 100% Remote role.
Apr 2017 - Jun 2018
- Part of the Asset Finance Credit Risk at Lex Autolease (Lloyds Banking Group).
- Responsible for extracting raw data and designing and building useable data interrogation solution (data marts)
- Responsible for data investigations in SQLserver in order to bring in more relevant data to the AF MI strategy.
- Completing analytics to support development and automation of credit risk strategy MI.
- Communicating and working with business stakeholders to build appropriate plans and to deliver against those plans
- Mentoring junior staff in SAS and data interrogation.
Aug 2016 - Mar 2017
- Part of the British Gas Business Collections Strategy Team
- Responsible for developing a more efficient system for the Debt Collection Agency (DCA) workflow using SAS Enterprise Guide. The new process brought down processing time from 4-6 hours to under 30 minutes.
- Responsible for detecting domestics customers in the Business portfolio using text mining techniques. As result of this analysis a new Domestics segment was created to deal with these cases.
- Responsible for creating various tracking reports for DD (Direct Debit) campaigns to aid the business resolve many client issues.
The Co-operative Bank plc
Jun 2015 - Aug 2016
SAS DI Developer
- SAS DI Studio developer in the ALM and Liquidity FINREP project at The Cooperative Bank.
- Responsible for updating and fixing defects in DI Jobs for daily and monthly reports.
- Support daily and month-end batch process in production.
Nov 2013 - Jun 2015
- SAS DI Studio developer in remediation & redress project at The Cooperative Bank.
- Develop multiple scrapper engines that combine data from a variety of data sources (structured and unstructured).
- Responsible for developing analytical apps using R and shinyapps.io
- Mentoring junior staff in statistics, python, R and Git.
- Responsible for designing the infrastructure and duties of the Data Science and Managed Service practice.
Jul 2010 - Oct 2013
- Responsible of long-term IB forecast using SAS Forecast Studio.
- Triangulated 1.7 million UK postcodes vs. 30 weather stations in order to calculate weighted average temperature at District level.
- Responsible for documenting and mapping 4Sight (SAS application for forecasting).
- Accountable for maintaining the internal applications for forecasting.
- Responsible for producing the engineer roster forecast for summer & winter 2011, 2012, 2013.
- Responsible of developing new forecasting models for long term planning.
- Provide insight and support to internal clients.
Aug 2009 - Jul 2010
- Responsible of developing predictive analytics response models for Car Insurance and Home Insurance channels.
- Responsible of developing several ETL processes to support the construction of analytical datamarts.
- Provide insights into the drivers of customer loyalty.
Business & Decision
Aug 2006 - Jul 2010
- I worked for organizations including Moneysupermarket.com, Bank of America, Royal Bank of Scotland, Yorkshire & Clydesdale Bank, HBOS PLC and Unilever
- Work closely with internal customers, understanding their business needs and issues, and provide them with accurate reports, which turn the data into practical business insight (helping them to address these issues and devise workable solutions)
- Responsible for data analysis, mapping transforming and loading of TRIAD Input data marts used as input to the TRIAD characteristic generation process.
Oct 2002 - Jun 2006
- Responsible for Implementing several behavioral scorecards for credit cards.
- Responsible for developing response models for different marketing campaign strategies.
- Develop complex SQL queries for standard as well as ad hoc data analysis purposes.